The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
· Under general supervision, the safety representative will be responsible for all aspects of safety at the project.
· Provide safety input to the site superintendent, field work supervisors and operations.
· Interact with Client Safety Oversight personnel
· Injury case management
· Perform and document Safety surveillances
· Perform Dump Ramp inspections daily
· Perform safety equipment bi-annual inspections
· Provide oversight at all crane picks
· Generate safety reports, procedures and permits as required by the contract and corporate procedures to support work activities
· Develop Job Hazard Analyses
· Present safety statistics and trainings to employees
· Interface with corporate ES&H to provide safety metrics and identify any trends.
· Project Manger
· Corporate ES&H
· ERDF ES&H Manager
This job operates in a professional office environment and field environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Field work requires the proper use of PPE and adherence to posted signage.
The duties of this job require the employee to regularly talk and hear in a noise environment that is normally quiet to moderate.
Light Work Category – Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for sedentary work. The employee exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit use hands to feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
Education & Certifications:
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Certified Safety Professional Certification
Experience & Requirements:
· Proficient in standard Microsoft software applications including Excel, Word and Outlook.
· Must have good interpersonal and communication skills
· Ten (10) years General Construction experience related to safety, health, and industrial hygiene, i.e., ten
(10) years in a safety and health position.
· Three (3) years radiological control.
· Experience must include a thorough understanding and working knowledge of OSHA, NFPA 1. (2003) edition), and other governing requirements associated with performance of the scope of work.
· Not required
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.